- SALARY:Negotiable Depending Upon Experience
- HOURS: Monday – Friday (9:00am-5:00pm)
- LOCATION: RIGA, HQ (Gateshead)
- HOLIDAYS: Annual Leave + Bank Holidays + December Off (Fully Paid)
- CONTRACT: Permanent, Full Time
This is a unique opportunity to shape your career. Our UK trading arm, Northern Gas and Power, are the UK’s largest energy consultancy. Managing energy assets for over 20,000 clients, we contract over 30TWhs of energy – more than the entire annual consumption of Ireland.
Global Procurement Group (GPG) an international group of companies specialising in energy services and technologies that transform energy behaviour as we move into a low-carbon economy. The group recently posted revenues of £67m for 2020, with the latest accounts detailing growth at 40% p.a. from 2017-2020.
GPG continues to expand rapidly, with operations in Gateshead, Newcastle and Leeds (UK), Paris and Malta (Europe), Texas (US) and Chennai (India). GPG will employ 1,000 heads by the end of the year.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
A commercially focused energy analyst will work in a team designed to manage the profitability of the trading and hedging activities of the business and our Industrial & Commercial B2B portfolio. The successful candidate with have excellent analytical skills and have working experience in an energy commodity trading, risk or pricing environment within a UK energy business.
You will be responsible for the analysis of commodity and non-commodity costs associated with the supply of electricity and gas to business customers. You will construct non-commodity cost forecasts for our customers and work with the trading team on the administration of executing trades. You will analyse our risk exposure for our customers and potentially work with domestic suppliers, forecasting energy demand and market exposure.
- Undertake analysis of wholesale markets
- Manage flexible purchase transactions and strategy execution
- Data analysis and problem solving
- Model validation and audit work
- Exposure forecast implementations (volume/value)
- ETRM implementation and maintenance
- Discuss the energy markets in detail and explain why price movements are occurring
- Working with in-house developers to improve our ETRM
- Model the impact of PPAs, energy efficiency and renewable generation into existing supply contracts
- Provide training and support to sales team
- 2-3 years’ experience in the energy sector (trading/risk role highly desirable)
- Clear understanding and interest in the UK energy market
- An understanding of cross-commodity drivers – energy regulation and legislation
- Strong communication skills
- Highly numerate
- Organised and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- A self-motivated starter and a team player
- Confidence to challenge purchasing decisions
- Strong Excel (lookups, pivot tables) skills; Python, VBA and SQL are also desirable
Apply: For more information on how to change YOUR life:
For a confidential, informal chat, contact us on 0191 478 9504
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description/advert restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.
All employees are expected to follow and abide by the legal, financial, regulatory, safety, and other general guidelines of the Company and to conduct their activities in a manner consistent with the highest personal and professional standards.
GPG is an equal opportunity employer and applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colon, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.