Utility Team has announced that pledged to be carbon neutral by 2025 and will remove its historic carbon footprint by 2028. As an energy consultancy, it says that it is in a position to significantly reduce the amount of carbon its customers, suppliers, and employees put into the atmosphere. Its pledges are:
Pledge One: Utility Team will be a fully net zero organisation by December 31st, 2025.
Pledge Two: Utility Team will remove its historic carbon footprint by December 31st, 2028.
Over the last few years, Utility Team has successfully moved a number of customers to renewable energy sources and also developed the Revolving Green Fund. This has seen a growing number of our customers invest in green technology solutions to reduce their carbon emissions.
How are we going to achieve this?
Having targets is one thing; you need a plan to achieve these. The board of Utility Team (below) has committed to the below milestones for Pledge One:
- By December 31st, 2021, we will have achieved a pro rata 50% reduction in business mileage against our 2019 benchmark.
- As of January 4th, 2021, all existing and prospective customers will receive a renewable energy price within their pricing submission.
- 15% of our customers electricity contracts will be using renewable electricity by 31st December 2021.
- Utility Team will be powered by 100% renewable electricity by December 31st, 2022.
- To be a Utility Team supplier, you will need to be signed up to the future Net Zero standard by December 31st, 2022.
- As of January 1st, 2022, all employees will be allocated 2 days a year to volunteer to support a green charity initiative.
- Electric Vehicle Charging points will be installed at Utility Team Head Offices in Coventry in 2022.
- All Business Development Managers will be incentivised to drive electric vehicles when on company business by 31st December 2022.
- 25% of our customers electricity contracts will be using renewable electricity by 31st December 2022.
- 50% of customers our electricity contracts will be using renewable electricity by 31st December 2023
- All Business Development Managers will be required to drive electric vehicles when on company business by 31st December 2023
- As of January 1st, 2023, all staff will be incentivised by the company to drive an electric vehicle
- As of January 1st, 2023, all staff will be incentivised to power their homes via renewable energy
- 75% of our customers electricity contracts will be using renewable electricity by 31st December 2024
- Utility Team will be powered by 100% Green Gas by 31st December 2024
For Pledge Two, the board of Utility Team has committed to the below milestones:
- Identify our historic carbon footprint, including energy and travel
- Begin carbon offsetting projects to remove historic carbon emissions.
- Maintain the carbon offsetting programme until all historic carbon emissions have been removed.
Delvin Lane, CEO of Utility Team said, “The challenge of net zero is one that has to be met head on and we are uniquely placed to help businesses do that. We are determined to drive meaningful change that reduced carbon emissions. We recognise that it will not be easy, however we are excited by the challenge. The Board is passionate about leading by example and proving that a move to net zero not only makes environmental sense but also delivers commercial benefits.”