The department of energy and climate change has called on businesses considering implementing energy efficiency measures to bid for funds under the second phase of its demand reduction pilot scheme.
A total of £6million is available to firms that can deliver lasting electricity savings at peak times.
The minimum project size is now smaller (50kW) and the department of energy and climate change (Decc) said it has made the rules simpler.
- the minimum project size has halved to 50kW
- Choose between installing within 8 months or 20 months – with delivery of savings in either Winter 2016/17 or Winter 2017/18.
- More scope for projects to develop over time, and for you to make changes to your successful project according to business need. This includes being able to bid in for a lower amount of savings than the maximum your project can offer.
- Simpler evidence requirements, including project level payback and baseline information after application.
- An early payment after installation (up to 20%)
Full guidance and registration here. The deadline for registering is 3 September 2015.