Register here to join the event The Energyst has teamed up with Veolia to discuss Securing Net Zero in an energy crisis with a webinar at 10:00am, 22nd June. If we are to be a net zero economy in less than 27 years there is a pressing need for action. What does that mean for individual businesses and the public sector on the ground? Against the background of volatile energy cost rises what will be the long-term cost of providing secure net zero energy? Topics to be covered in the discussion:
- Infrastructure: Onsite generation, heat pumps, battery storage, solar retrofits, district heating, EV and charging, and new technology installations.
- The need to move fast with such developments while taking into account permanently changed behaviours brought about by Coronavirus.
- New technologies such as biofuels, hydrogen, carbon capture, fuel cells etc and their role in helping the drive towards zero carbon.
- What does this mean for procuring energy?
- Decarbonising industrial heat – how will industrial steam users manage the change?
- Forecasting and contractual obligations. When money is tight how can we make the journey to net zero work financially?
VeoliaHeather is now actively helping a number of NHS Trusts to reach their 80% CO2 reduction by 2032. This is backed by an engineering background which covers the implementation of a diverse range of energy technologies including combined heat and power, de-steaming, heat pumps, solar and future hydrogen solutions. Gavin Anderson, Energy Policy Manager Gavin has been instrumental in shaping and informing the development of significant and transformational energy policy and regulation. In 2021, he joined Veolia as the energy policy lead, and also advises on the delivery of energy products and solutions across a range of technologies for industrial, commercial and public sector customers. Register here to join the debate.Speakers include: Heather Foster, Sector Lead – Healthcare, Education & Public Sector,