Sustainable Development Capital Limited’s listed energy efficiency fund, SEEIT, has bought eight further CHP projects.
SEEIT is the first UK-listed investment fund to invest exclusively in the energy efficiency sector. It raised £100m via an IPO in December, using the money to acquire CCHP and lighting projects.
CEO Jonathan Maxwell recently told The Energyst that the company sees significant opportunity for onsite generation, in North America, Europe and the UK. Maxwell thinks onsite generation, particularly solar and CHP, is approaching an inflection point akin to that reached by LED lighting around five years ago. He said corporates are driving that shift with “carbon very high on the corporate agenda”.
SEEIT intends to buy existing assets or fund new projects. Its latest acquisition, a 71% interest in eight CHP units for $5m, have been operational and generating cash for a year. The remaining 29 per cent is owned by a US subsidiary of Sustainable Development Capital Limited.
According to SEEIT’s prospectus, its pipeline includes a rooftop solar PV project for a large UK retailer, and co-generation assets in Southern Europe.
Onsite generation ‘will continue to boom’
Specialist energy fund commits £87m to buy projects, eyes more
Energy fund raises £100m via IPO
Click here to see if you qualify for a free subscription to the print magazine, or to renew.
Follow us at @EnergystMedia. For regular bulletins, sign up for the free newsletter.