Sponsored: On Wednesday, 21 March 2018, businesses interested in the UK’s current and future energy landscape are invited to join Powerstar in central London for a free energy breakfast seminar to explore a decentralised energy network; a concept which will require the simultaneous uptake of several elements such as distributed generation, distributed storage, energy efficiency, and demand response.
Decentralised generation, flexibility and storage present revenue opportunities for businesses. But the growing volume of power generation connected to distribution networks is creating a growing challenge both for national and local grid operators. Power quality issues are also a concern for businesses: energy related failures can total as much as 17% of a company’s annual revenues. So the importance of securing supply is clear and a challenge that businesses should actively seek to address.
Powerstar’s short and informative session will discuss the implementation of intelligent energy storage solutions that will provide the UK with reliable energy at a much cheaper cost to the end user, while simultaneously assisting in balancing demand on the network, and, when combined with local generation and underpinned with UPS, can reduce transmission losses and enhances supply security.
Special guest speaker: The seminar will also feature a presentation from one of Europe’s leading flexibility operator, Energy Pool, which will join Powerstar in sharing its expertise to provide a wider perspective on the future of the UK’s energy landscape.
Delegates are invited to explore the energy landscape over breakfast sandwiches and refreshments, and those in attendance will discover:
- What a decentralised energy network is and how it works
- The limitations of the current electricity network and how a decentralised energy network will form a more efficient future energy landscape
- The role of energy storage technology in the future landscape
- The increasing requirement for energy resilience
- How businesses can increase reliability, supply resilience and cost savings
- How a decentralised energy network could be implemented on both a local and national scale
When: Wednesday, 21 March 2018, 09:00 – 11:00am (GMT)
Where: Wellcome Collection, Dale Room, 183 Euston Road, Kings Cross, London, NW1 2BE
RSVP: Register online, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01142 576 200