Do you want to change your life? Join our family today and change your life at Northern Gas and Power.
- SALARY:Negotiable Depending Upon Experience
- HOURS: Monday – Friday (9:00am-5:00pm)
- LOCATION: RIGA, HQ (Gateshead)
- HOLIDAYS: Annual Leave + Bank Holidays + December Off (Fully Paid)
- CONTRACT: Permanent, Full Time
Global Procurement Group (GPG) an international group of companies specialising in energy services and technologies that transform energy behaviour as we move into a low-carbon economy. The group recently posted revenues of £67m for 2020, with the latest accounts detailing growth at 40% p.a. from 2017-2020.
GPG continues to expand rapidly, with operations in Gateshead, Newcastle and Leeds (UK), Paris and Malta (Europe), Texas (US) and Chennai (India). GPG will employ 1,000 heads by the end of the year.
The UK trading arm, Northern Gas and Power, are the UK’s largest energy consultancy. Managing energy assets for over 20,000 clients, we manage over 30TWhs of energy – more than the entire annual consumption of Ireland.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Our experienced Tender/Bid Manager will produce exceptional quality tender submissions, tailored to the requirements of each individual client, producing the best possible bid for the company.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for brand development and award submissions. They’ll carry out research, keep us at the top of our game, update records and maintain detailed information as part of a continual development.
This is a brand new and very exciting opportunity to join an organisation that is on an incredible trajectory.
- Responsible for the entre bid life cycle.
- Programme management of new and organic growth business activity.
- Project management of bids and tenders.
- Coordinating responses for ‘RFI – Requests for Information’.
- Analyse prequalification and tender documents, making recommendations to the Head of Flexible Purchasing & Energy Strategy and to manage the production of tender submissions and checking the finished documents.
- Coordination of the team and customer liaison throughout the bidding process from project identification through to closure.
- Working with our marketing and brand team on brand development and awards.
- Producing compliant proposal/tenders and responses to requests for information.
- Developing and managing bid and tender strategies.
- Continuously develop our library of information that supports bids and tenders.
- Identify gaps in our offerings. Create a plan to develop these.
- Continually develop our offerings to maximise chances of winning bids and tenders.
- To create professional documentation to a very high standard with particular focus on accuracy and care.
- To sell the services of the Company, mainly in written form (written portrayal of the company must be to the highest professional standard.)
- Responsible for ensuring tenders are submitted consistently ahead of the deadlines set.
- To ensure that tenders and business proposals meet all relevant specifications; are in line with the most recent research available and best practice; and are compliant with client requirements.
- Ensure they comply with all company operating policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Confident at presenting and explaining complex subjects to a variety of audiences.
- Proven success with management of high-profile tenders.
- Proactive attitude.
- Strong networking and relationship building skills.
- Interpersonal skills to drive projects within a cross functional environment.
- A sales and/or marketing background would be advantageous.
- Experience of public sector frameworks and consortia purchasing mechanisms
- Experience within the energy or utilities sector
- Experience with OJEU, RFIs is essential
- Experience of writing award submissions would be advantageous
- Experience working for a large Global company in a similar capacity
- Skills in InDesign, Power BI and Qorus Document Builder
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint & Other MS Office applications
- Experience within a bidding/tenders environment and good understanding of best practice bidding methodologies
- Stakeholder management experience.
Apply: For more information on how to change YOUR life:
Visit our website: ngpcareers.com
Or email your CV and Cover Letter (optional) to: email@example.com
For a confidential, informal chat, contact us on 0191 478 9504
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description/advert restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.
All employees are expected to follow and abide by the legal, financial, regulatory, safety, and other general guidelines of the Company and to conduct their activities in a manner consistent with the highest personal and professional standards.
GPG is an equal opportunity employer and applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colon, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.